The Parent Council is a group for parents/carers of Laurance Haines pupils. New members are always welcome. It is a great opportunity to have a voice within the school in an informal forum to discuss issues and make suggestions about areas that are important to you. It is an important link between parents and the school and allows parents to contribute to school life and the wellbeing of our children. Some areas that may be covered are home school communication, behaviour, and uniform.
Key findings of Parent Councils UK
- Parental involvement has a significant effect on pupil achievement throughout the years of schooling
- Educational failure is increased by lack of parental interest in schooling
- Engaging hard to reach parents has a disproportionately positive effect on student learning and student achievement
- A father’s interest in a child’s schooling is strongly linked to better educational outcomes for the child
- In a recent study in England 72% of parents said that they wanted more involvement
If you would like to be part of the Parent Council please contact Mr Gray in the office, on email@example.com
We would like the parent council to be a good representation of our parents so you will be very welcome.